Juicing can be a frustrating process. It is true that freshly squeezed juice is a wonderful addition to your everyday diet and can even substitute a regular meal when the correct ingredients are used. With a slow masticating juicer, you can extract the maximum nutrients from your ingredients, packing your juice with lots of flavor, vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients.
One such masticating juicer is the Gourmia GSJ200 Masticating Slow Juicer. This new juicer allows you to make healthy and nutritious juices from your ingredients by slowly “chewing” on fruits and vegetables to squeeze out the juice without producing heat that destroys the nutrients that are essential to good health.
We have reviewed some other more established masticating juicer models too, but they all cost a lot more than this one, so let’s check out if the Gourmia GSJ200 should be considered for more than just its low cost.
Table of Contents
Design and Features of the Gourmia GSJ200 Masticating Slow Juicer
Featuring a high quality copper DC motor with a high torque, this versatile, slow masticating juicer allows you to extract juice from different types of fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens thanks to the low revolutions per minute (62 RPM), membrane level extraction, and MasTraction system that enables the equipment to use optimum power. It can even be used to make nut butters!
The high torque provided by the powerful motor allows the Gourmia GSJ200 to compensate for the power associated with a low rpm. This gives the Gourmia GSJ200 the capability to speedily and efficiently squeeze out juice from your ingredients without compromising the quality and the nutritional value of your juice.
There is also a large juice jug for collecting juice. Both these containers are easily cleaned, as is the juicer itself, as it comes with a cleaning brush to reach into the spouts and other narrow channels. You can wash all the removable non-electric parts in the dishwasher.
With the Gourmia GSJ200, you will have all the independence and the flexibility and freshness in your glass compared to the factory made juice variety because you can mishmash all kinds of fruits, veggies, and leafy greens such as kale (it makes very fine juice with leafy greens), hard ingredients like carrot, and apple and many more. However, you may need to strain the juice if you don’t like any pulp at all.
As with all masticating juicers, you have to take your time juicing because with a low rpm comes high quality juice.
- The Gourmia GSJ200 accommodates fruits, nuts, and greens so it is very versatile.
- The unit features an exclusive MasTraction system that uses a low rpm for first rate juice and nutrient extraction.
- All removable non-electric parts are dishwasher safe and the provided brush can reach into any crevice, making it very easy to clean.
- The sleek stainless steel exterior makes the GSJ200 exquisite in appearance and fits into any kitchen décor.
- The high torque ensures enough squeezing power for maximum nutrient extraction and reduces wastage.
- The high quality steel exterior reduces noise.
- The unit is also very reasonably priced, placing it among the cheapest slow juicers in the market.
- The safety mechanism prevents the motor from inadvertently turning on and causing injury.
- It easy to assemble and un-mount.
- You have to put apart everything for cleaning after using it hence time consuming.
Demo of the Gourmia GSJ200 Masticating Slow Juicer
2 thoughts on “Gourmia GSJ200 Masticating Slow Juicer Review”
Mine broke within 6 mo. of normal use and since it was a gift, Gourmia will not honor the warranty since the claim they need my order number to verify it’s within warranty. (But they offer a 3-year warranty and the item hasn’t even been on the market that long.) They should stand by their brand and give me the replacement part. Heck, I’m not even asking them to replace the unit…just one plastic/metal part!
Thanks for your feedback. Couldn’t you ask the person who gifted it to you for the order number? I hope you’ll be able to get the part replaced